Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nothing.

Hey again!

Two posts in one day, are you sick of me yet? :3

So I just got back from creative writing where the class critiqued my poems (including "Ghost."), and it went much better than I expected! Some people said they were their favourites!

Immediately after, I phoned my mom to tell her how it went over and how well I did; however, she decided to mention how she saw this one girl's mom today. This girl, used to be my friend, and her whole family is exactly why I hate my old town.

In my town there's a little group of people who have a lot of money but don't know the meaning of hard work. "Old money", I'd supposed you'd call it. Anyway, this girl isn't very smart, isn't very original, and isn't very good at anything.

BUT THE WHOLE TOWN, thinks she's a miracle...
In grade 9 after I'd been into photography for awhile and starting posting my prints and getting into it (and doing VERY WELL I might add), she decided that she wanted it.
So her mom bought her this deluxe digital camera with all the bells and whistles for Christmas, and then her mom got her photographer friend to allow her to be an intern on a few jobs.
This girl then put her pictures Facebook and the whole town oo'd and awe'd at crappy work.

This girl now decided that that will be her career and has gone to school for it. But wait! Before she could get in she needed to make a portfolio because it's an arts degree, which means you should be into art.
But this girl isn't very creative, and she doesn't really like art. So she googled craft ideas and got her friend to help her because she left it to the last minute. And guess what? She got in! But oh wait, she's too stupid to make the basic requirements so she has to go to a different school with her mommy's money.

This new school is an express program so she has to work oh so hard! She's such a trooper! Doing an amazing job! She's so talented!

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES SHE IS FAKE AS FUCK AND DOESN'T HAVE AN ORIGINAL BONE IN HER BODY OR CREATIVE THOUGHT IN HER HEAD?

And why does my mom have to constantly go along with it? Why does she always tell me how amazing she is? Why doesn't she have anything to say about how well I'm doing? How hard I'm working?
WHY DOES SHE ALLOW THAT WHOLE TOWN TO THINK I'M NOT EVEN AT SCHOOL?
WHY DOESN'T SHE LET THEM KNOW THAT I'M GOING TO BECOME A FREAKIN' DOCTOR?
WHY AREN'T I GOOD ENOUGH?

because i'm nothing...

Sorry to bother you with my rant.

♥, Mint.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, it sounds like she gets away with far too much shit. It is at times like this that I pretend, with a vengeance, that I believe in karma.

    ReplyDelete